When you are trying to heal through certain stressors in your life, it can be hard to figure out what will work best for you.Every individual, the experiences they face, and how they work through any issues that arise are completely unique to them. There is not a one size fits all type of solution.Maybe you are new to therapy in general. Or maybe you have attended therapy in the past or are still attending regularly, but you want to consider or try out other options to enhance your healing process.If you need help through your healing journey, LENS Neurofeedback may be able to help you.What is LENS Neurofeedback?The Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) is defined as an electroencephalogram (EEG) based, direct neurofeedback system that stimulates the brain to reset itself and achieve optimal performance.LENS has been proven to work around the blockages that your brain naturally uses to defend against stressors or trauma. When you address the brain using a similar electromagnetic language, it is able to restore or reboot itself.Who Can LENS Neurofeedback Help?LENS Neurofeedback can help treat almost any condition that is related to the brain. It has helped people of all ages, including children, suffering from neurological problems, sleep disorders, mental health issues, and more.These are just a few of the issues that LENS Neurofeedback has been used for:
- Addiction: Increased motivation to change.
- ADD/ADHD: Helps decrease impulsivity, anxiety, and hyperactivity, while improving focus.
- Brain Injury: Reduces symptoms of a brain injury, no matter when the injury occurred, as well as restores brain function in terms of memory, balance, and less brain fog.
- Migraine Headaches: Reduce the intensity, duration, and occurrence.
- Motor Skills: Improves hand-eye coordination, balance, and tremors.
- Performance: Increase functioning in cognitive and athletic performance.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Helps diminish the symptoms associated with PTSD like anxiety, depression, sleeping problems, and lack of motivation.
- Sleep Disorders: LENS can relax your brain to quiet your mind and allow your body to relax into sleep.
- Stress: Helps you better relax and cope with stress.
LENS has also been known to help with general functioning and thinking in terms of sequencing, concentration, and organization. Patients have also experienced positive changes in their attention, mood, motivation, fatigue, and more.The LENS Neurofeedback ProcessIn traditional neurofeedback, regulating brainwaves is essential for treatment. With LENS Neurofeedback, regulating brainwaves is not necessary because your brain does the work for you. The signal released during LENS causes a slight change in your brainwaves, allowing the brain to regulate itself.Within a few seconds of LENS, patients have shown signs of an immediate sense of relief. Although relief happens immediately, achieving optimal brain functioning usually requires between 15 to 20 sessions.The LENS Neurofeedback process only takes a few seconds, but the overall process will involve check-ins and discussions to discuss feelings, thoughts, and a plan of action moving forward.Do the Results of LENS Neurofeedback Last?LENS Neurofeedback has been very well received by patients. The treatment is even approved by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The studies that have been done have shown very impressive results. Often, patients will not require any other type of treatment once their sessions are complete.Learn More About LENS NeurofeedbackIf you are interested in learning more about LENS Neurofeedback, researching is a great place to start. After you research a bit on your own, it may be time to talk to someone about if it may be a good fit for you.To begin your journey of healing and empowerment, you can call me at 281-944-SWCC for a free 15-minute phone consultation. I look forward to working with you!